Re: Using the new libpq connection functions in PostgreSQL binaries

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using the new libpq connection functions in PostgreSQL binaries
Date: 2010-01-31 17:51:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/31/2010 09:42 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> I don't find that horrid. AFAICT, that's the only advantage of the
> two-arrays method. By the way, it's that kind of code (keywords
> declaration separated from values declaration) that got commited in the
> previous patch
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00398.php).
> I merely used the same code for the other binaries.

Yes, I separated them, because otherwise the compiler complained about
the declaration not being at the top of a block. Of course Tom's other
complaint and this one can both be satisfied by not doing the static
assignment in the declaration.

I'll fix the already committed code and take a look at refactoring this
latest patch. I stand by the two arrays mthod decision though -- I find
combining them into a single array to be unseemly.

Joe