Re: development setup and libdir

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: development setup and libdir
Date: 2010-01-31 13:49:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:

> When I'd like to try something new I'd like to put myself in the
> most diffused, standard environment eg. one thing I'd like to avoid
> is choosing my own flavour of compile options.

This is just nonsense, as we have explained to you several times and you
keep ignoring.

The "standard" environment you're talking about will not have the
compilation options enabled which are specifically designed to help
developers. Why would anyone want to deprive themselves if that support?

You have wasted far more of your time writing these emails than it would
have taken you to set up a postgres development environment which you
could have used *with* pgxs, because, depite being told what pgxs is
for, you keep trying to make it do something it was not desinged for. If
anyone is going from London to Paris via Marseilles it is you.

cheers

andrew