Re: Changing the name

From: Scott Bailey <artacus(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changing the name
Date: 2010-01-27 17:01:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Joshua Kramer wrote:

>> Then folks could mispronounce it yeee-S-Q-L or yee-se-kwel and perhaps
>> even just yee. Sound very olde English and authoritative.
>
> OldeSQL? Or for a more American connotation, how about NewWorldSQL?

Joining with the slogan thread.
OldeSQL: Not your grandfather's RDBMS

But no, then we'd have to split into factions by geography. Folks think
we should be emphasizing the universality of Postgres, so how about:

UniSQL - and we could actually pronounce it like bike clowns ride. And
it would make for some great slogans as well.

UniSQL: The greatest database in the Universe
UniSQL: Like the bike, only easy to get going hard to fall off
UniSQL: The preferred database of World Domination professionals
UniSQL: The official database of the New World Order

The last one may get us sued by George Bush and company.

Scott