Re: MonetDB test says that PostgreSQL often has errors or missing results

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MonetDB test says that PostgreSQL often has errors or missing results
Date: 2010-01-20 22:02:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mark Wong wrote:
> What the TPC provides isn't really a usable kit. It could be
> entertaining to see how their kit works.

The one for TPC-H seems to work for a lot of people; the best of the
intros I found for how to make it go was
http://bhairav.serc.iisc.ernet.in/doc/Installation/tpch.htm , there are
others. I'd guess MonetDB followed a procedure just like that,
discovered some queries didn't work right, and just called it a day and
published rather than investigate.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com