Two unrelated issues

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Two unrelated issues
Date: 2010-01-20 06:27:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Yesterday, while working on the patch for the "more complex
user/database default GUC settings" ticket (#102), I stumbled upon two
things.

The first one, quite related to it, is that we have a bug in 1.10 that
prevents us from changing a GUC default value if it has a unit. We don't
add quotes around the value, so the query returns with error (for
example "ALTER DATABASE SET work_mem=10MB", instead of "ALTER DATABASE
SET work_mem='10MB'". Seems quite easy to fix as we just need to add
quotes for each value. I'll commit a fix tonight if nobody objects.

The second one is completely unrelated. I found this line in
pgadmin/ctl/ctlCombobox.cpp:

#ifdef __WXGTK__
SetEditable(false);
#endif

That would explain why GTK users can't edit a combobox. The one that
really bugs a lot of users is the type combobox in dlgColumn. I wonder
why this specific code has been added in the first place. I found Andres
added it, at revision 3562
(http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/changeset/3562#file27), but I don't find
any reason why. Anyone reminds the issue? Honestly, I didn't try to
remove this code and test it. I'll do tonight, but I would like to get
some ideas on this code.

Thanks.

PS: I should have a complete patch for the "more complex user/database
default GUC settings" new 8.5 feature tonight. I already handle
successfully the database change. I'll need to duplicate it for the user
properties dialog.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org