Re: Streaming replication and non-blocking I/O

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication and non-blocking I/O
Date: 2010-01-16 07:54:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I've pushed that 'replication-dynmodule' branch in my git repo. The diff
> is hard to read, because it mostly just moves code around, but I've
> attached libpqwalreceiver.c here, which is the dynamic module part. You
> can also browse the tree via the web interface
> (http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/heikki/postgres.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/replication-dynmodule;hb=replication-dynmodule)

I just noticed that the comment at the top of libpqwalreceiver.c is a
leftover, not much relevant to the contents of the file anymore, all the
signal handling and interaction with startup process is in
src/backend/replication/walreceiver.c now. That obviously needs to be
fixed before committing..

--
  Heikki Linnakangas