Re: Testing with concurrent sessions

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Michael Tan <mtanhl(at)gmail(dot)com>, david(at)kineticode(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date: 2010-01-15 19:09:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> My pager is "less"; could that cause it? Could the twisted
> environment look like one where the pager should kick in?

Yes, that could be it. At least it fails here, too, if I set PAGER=less.
Try:

PAGER=more make dcheck

So, the solution probably lies in adjusting the environment, before
starting psql. (Maybe even dropping all existing environment variables
for better control of the situation). Will add that for dtester 0.1.

(Also note that I plan to move most of what's currently in the patch to
the dtester package itself. However, that requires it to be (even more)
generic.)

Thank you for testing the tester ;-)

Regards

Markus