Re: Testing with concurrent sessions

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Michael Tan <mtanhl(at)gmail(dot)com>, david(at)kineticode(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date: 2010-01-15 18:20:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Not sure what's relevant there.  Entire file tarball attached.

Due to reasons mentioned in this thread as well, I've decided to use
psql to connect to the database. dtester is parsing its output and
checks that against expectations. Hawever, that has its own pitfalls, so
in the end I'm almost about to change back to using libpq or
implementing the bare minimum protocol (that might have its own merits
within the twisted world, if implemented in the required async fashion).

Strangely, your log has escape codes in it, which I'm assuming makes the
  parsing choke. Is that something special to your installation? My psql
never colors its outputs...

However, the quickest way forward probably is to filter out escape
sequences. Turning off tty is not really an option, because dtester
doesn't have a chance to capture all necessary events, in that mode.

> Yes I can.  Any queries you'd like me to run in there?

It looks like psql can connect, too. It's just the parsing of outputs
which fails.

Regards

Markus