Re: Testing with concurrent sessions

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Michael Tan <mtanhl(at)gmail(dot)com>, david(at)kineticode(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date: 2010-01-15 05:53:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> C'mon, you could have tried to inspire a *bit* more confidence by
> calling it version 0.1 or something!  ;-)

LOL

As David used to say: JFDI

 > I found that I just needed to ask for python-twisted.

Oh, sorry, yes, requirements: python, twisted.

I must admit that I haven't ever tested on python 2.6 before. I'll try
that (especially as it's the staircase to 3.0, IIUC).

Two more things: the concurrent update test (in the patch part) is
complete, while the second one is just a skeleton, ATM. (Just does a
concurrent COMMIT without actually doing anything).

Second: at the very end of pg_dtester.py, you find the line:
  reporter = StreamReporter()

Try a CursesReporter() instead, it gives much nicer output!

Regards

Markus Wanner