Re: BUG #5278: Postgres hangs / crashes every day

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Murali" <nmmreddy11(at)hotmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5278: Postgres hangs / crashes every day
Date: 2010-01-14 23:18:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Murali" <nmmreddy11(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.6
> Operating system: Windows Server 2003 Standard 32 Bit

You do realize that Windows is not a supported platform for any
release less than 8.2?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy

For anyone running on 8.0.x, they should be running the latest bug
fix release, which is 8.0.23. You're missing a lot of bug fixes.

http://www.postgresql.org/

> Anti-virus is running on the system but Postgres folder is
> excluded

Many people have found it necessary to totally *uninstall*
anti-virus software to keep it from interfering with database
operations.

You should consider an upgrade to at least 8.2.15 as soon as
practicable. I would also "harden" the machine by disabling
unnecessary services, and then uninstall the AV software.

I hope this helps.

-Kevin