Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

From: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
To: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)toroid(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2010-01-11 22:23:41
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
Il 11/01/2010 15:00, Abhijit Menon-Sen ha scritto:
> I'll keep this short: Oryx, the company behind Archiveopteryx (aox), is
> no longer around, but the software is still maintained. The developers
> (myself included) are still interested in keeping it alive. It's been a
> while since the last release, but it'll be ready soon. If you're having
> any sort of problems with it, write to me, and I'll help you.

That's good news indeed for the project, AOX seems to be working fine on
my server. I've had a few IMAP glitches, but it seems to live happily
with my qmail and stores the emails on the db, fulfilling my current needs.

So, I've decided to spend a bit more time on this and here is a proof of
concept web app that displays mailing list archives reading from the AOX
database:

http://archives.beccati.org/

Please take it as an exercise I've made trying to learn how to use
symfony this afternoon. It's not feature complete, nor probably very
scalable, but at least it features attachment download ;)

http://archives.beccati.org/pgsql-hackers/message/37

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati