Re: Compression Library and Usages

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Dimitri Fontaine" <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compression Library and Usages
Date: 2010-01-11 22:25:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com> wrote:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2009-08/msg00053.php

> I knew I was forgetting about something, thanks for the reminder.
> Damn it, patents.

I'm not sure that there was anything there which absolutely ruled
out using LZ0; all of the patents still in effect seemed to be
around picky little details of *how* you use it. Others seem to
have picked their way through that particular mine field.

-Kevin