Re: BUG #5268: PQgetvalue incorrectly returns 0

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5268: PQgetvalue incorrectly returns 0
Date: 2010-01-08 05:51:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Mike Landis wrote:
> At 09:09 PM 1/7/2010, you wrote:
>

>> I suspect they do not. Its all in the permissions.
>
> There's no user account control enabled on this Vista machine,
> therefore effectively wide open, hence different platform behavior or
> at least a difference between the behavior in pgAdmin and client program.

The lack of os level permissions is not relevant to this issue - I was
referring to database level users and their permissions on tables. It
does look like you are somehow running your c program as a different
(db) user from who you are using in Pgadmin. As Robert suggested, try
doing 'SELECT user' in both.

Also note that Pgadmin user PQexec and PQgetValue...

Cheers

Mark

pgsql-bugs by date