Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2010-01-07 22:45:19
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave Page wrote:
> The version compatibility info was one of the things we intentionally
> left off. Why? Because after a we added a project/product to any of
> the old pages that had anything like that kind of info, the data
> invariably became out of date within a few months, and we simply
> didn't (and still do not) have the manpower to keep those sort of
> ever-changing details up to date.

You might have noted that part of the suggestion I was acting on here
included making the project maintainers responsible (and able) to keep
that info up to date. At no point can it ever be the WWW team's
responsibility to do that sort of thing--everybody knows that won't scale.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com