Re: PATCH: Add hstore_to_json()

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Add hstore_to_json()
Date: 2009-12-31 22:35:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> Anyhow, that brings me back to the question I asked upthread, which is
> "Can/should we suck one of these libraries into our code base (and if
> so, which?) or do we need to add an analogue of --with-libxml so that
> we can link against an external library if present and omit the
> feature otherwise?".
>
> Does anyone have any real-world experience with any of the JSON C libraries?

I do not, but I see that YAJL <http://lloyd.github.com/yajl/> is now in
Fedora, and has a BSDish license, so maybe that's a good place to start.
Maybe someone would like to try designing an API which could sit atop
that. Then we would not need to speculate based on principle.

I'd rather we use a library we can pull in like libxml than have to
import the source and have to keep in sync with the upstream.

cheers

andrew