Re: add xml support function

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: fangfang liu <yisuoyanyu888(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: add xml support function
Date: 2009-12-31 14:20:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

fangfang liu wrote:
> you mean create and replace funtion xmlquery()?
> maybe you are right, but I still want to know why parser does not find
> xmlquery.

We would have to see your code to know why it didn't do what you expect.

What exactly are you intending that this function would do anyway? If
you're looking at XQuery support, there are serious issues regarding
what library to use, see
<http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-11/msg01445.php>

cheers

andrew