Re: [Postgresql alpha3] Configure fails with --libxml on OpenBSD

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: postgresql(at)raveland(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Postgresql alpha3] Configure fails with --libxml on OpenBSD
Date: 2009-12-30 16:34:17
Lists: pgsql-testers
postgresql(at)raveland(dot)org wrote:
> I don't understand why the detection of both -pthread and -lpthread fails with --libxml (may
> the messages about strcpy/strcat be the cause) ?

Those warning are just that:  warnings, nothing related to your problem.

My first guess is that you're using a libxml from before thread safety
was introduced, or have a version that wasn't compiled to support it:

http://xmlsoft.org/threads.html

There was a recent change to PostgreSQL that switched the default to
turning on thread safety for clients when you build.  You can easily
turn it back off again with passing --disable-thread-safety if you just
don't have an installed libxml that is thread-safe.