Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, jd <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2009-12-30 12:50:08
Lists: pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
> <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:
>> well yeah but that might sum up to a dozends of people that will have to wit
>> for an updated spec file vs. we having to hack up fusionforge code and have
>> it maintained over years...
>
> The major issue with hacking up gforge in the past was that noone
> bothered to document what was changed, not that it was hacked in the
> first place.

while I agree that this should have been done in a dedicated repo/branch
in an SCM at least the changes done in the last few years (a handful of
security fixes) have been at least discussed on the gforge-admins list.
And as I said before our changes have been minor so that is not really
our issue.

Stefan