Ticket 119: handling opclass in dlgIndex

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ticket 119: handling opclass in dlgIndex
Date: 2009-12-23 15:45:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

This patch adds a combobox in dlgIndex to allow a user to change the
operator class for each column. I added a new column in the columns's
list to show the non default opclass.

Comments?

BTW, I was wondering why the index's type is not set to btree by
default. It is set to "", which really means btree. But the opclass code
and the ASC/DESC and NULL FIRST/LAST code treat it as non btree, which
is weird. I wonder if we can delete the blank type option.

Another question. There is right now no way to change an index. We can
alter its name, tablespace, stuff like that. But we can't really change
its definition. I wonder if there would be a way to allow someone to
change it with first dropping the old object and creating the new one.
That would be better, for the user, than to make him drop the index and
then recreate it completely. Not sure that my explanation is really clear :)

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Attachment Content-Type Size