Re: Urgent. Help needed

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: MILTOS MILTIADOUS <mmiltiadous0(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Urgent. Help needed
Date: 2009-12-22 21:07:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
MILTOS MILTIADOUS wrote:

> [...] I receive back an HTTP POST status 200 (OK) but without
> content (empty entity result).

I'm guessing this is a strange way of saying "the query returns no
rows"? Can you test with a standalone JDBC app that gets rid of all the
intervening layers?

>  <query setProfile="false" thematic_myLocation="false" >SELECT * FROM
> myLocationWrapperFunction(false, '$poi_type$', false,
> '$positional_accuracy$', '$longitude$', '$latitude$',
> '$observer_profileid$');</query>

Why are you quoting integer parameter values?
Why are you doing string substitution yourself, rather than allowing
PreparedStatement to handle parameters?

That aside, you might want to turn on query logging and compare the
exact queries for the case that works vs. the case that doesn't. If you
are not using PreparedStatement I can't really see why there would be
any differences - you're just executing a literal string.

-O