Re: BUG #5248: Cannot find SSLEAY32.dll problem.

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Pinto, Vincent" <Vincent_Pinto(at)mentor(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5248: Cannot find SSLEAY32.dll problem.
Date: 2009-12-18 09:11:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On 18/12/2009 4:50 PM, Pinto, Vincent wrote:
> Thanks Dave, Craig,
> I'm actually a user of the software which our division writes. More of
> an-eyes-of-the-customer inhouse. The strange thing is everyone in the
> division, and even our customers have been able to install the
> application, and the database is all OK. The starting of the database is
> installed as a service for automatic start-up on system Start. No one in
> the division has this problem, and no customer has complained to the
> customer support folks! I'm flabbergasted. None of the developers are
> able to figure it out as well.
> The only thing different is my earlier laptop was a dell 620, and new
> one is a dell m4400. What I am wondering is if some for the Microsoft
> patchs (or other pre-requisite software) were not installed when I got
> the new laptop, and which might have been needed, and so in the absense,
> the pg_ctl, etc is not working as expected.

Well, you can receive a "library not found" error when in fact the
library DOES exist, but cannot be loaded because a library it depends on
does not exist or is unusable.

Try looking at ssleay32.dll with depends.exe
(http://dependencywalker.com) and seeing if it there's any sign of a
missing required library.