Re: pgstat wait timeout (by Robert Schnabel)

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Alexey Luchko <luch(at)ank-sia(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgstat wait timeout (by Robert Schnabel)
Date: 2009-12-17 02:03:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 16/12/2009 11:55 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Magnus Hagander<magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

>>> Given the size of the offsets, it's pretty clear that it's not actually
>>> in mdpostckpt at all. Probably this is a stripped executable and
>>> mdpostckpt is just the nearest global symbol.
>>
>> If that is so, the OP should follow:
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows
>>
>> specifically the part about symbols.
>>
>> Which it certainly looks like :)
>
> We should really take some of the vast quantity of really useful
> information that is in the wiki and try to index it somehow or
> incorporate it into the docs. I'm always learning about new pages
> that have good stuff on them, but I never seem to stumble across them
> organically.

MediaWiki offers features to make this a lot easier. The categories
feature in particular is great: go to the page:

Category:Blah

and you'll see a listing of all pages containing a link to
[[Category:Blah]]. The existing list of all categories can be found via
the "special pages" link in the sidebar:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:Categories

A "favourite" or "highlight" category would be one way to do what you're
talking about.

--
Craig Ringer