Re: BUG #5242: ODBC driver v8.4.1 crashed

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Gerhard Lutz <gerhard(dot)lutz(at)mbtech-group(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5242: ODBC driver v8.4.1 crashed
Date: 2009-12-15 19:19:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>>> And to the list: can we PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE add a note about this on
>>> the bug submission page?  I asked for this before and Tom concurred,
>>> but I'm not aware that anything has been done about it.  What do I
>>> have to do to make this happen?
>> Suggest the exact text? ;)
>
> *scratches head*  Maybe something like this?
>
> For bugs in supporting products, such as psql-odbc, pgsql-jdbc, or
> pgadmin, please do not use this bug reporting form.  Instead, post
> your question to the appropriate <a href='/community/lists'>mailing
> list</a>

hmm - not sure that is too clear especially because I don't think  ther
is only JDBC/ODBC or pgadmin (nor do I think you names match up with how
they are really called). what about doing it the other way round like:

"This bug report form can be used for reporting bugs and problems with
the PostgreSQL database, for problems with database connectors,
graphical administration tools or other external projects please report
to them directly. Alternatively you can look at the available <a
href='/community/lists'>mailing lists</a> and see if there is a more
apropriate list available."

Stefan