Re: Load experimentation

From: Ben Brehmer <benbrehmer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com, kbuckham(at)applocation(dot)net, scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Load experimentation
Date: 2009-12-08 07:22:10
Lists: pgsql-performance
Thanks for all the responses. I have one more thought;

Since my input data is split into about 200 files (3GB each), I could
potentially spawn one load command for each file. What would be the
maximum number of input connections Postgres can handle without bogging
down? When I say 'input connection' I mean "psql -U postgres -d dbname
-f one_of_many_sql_files".

Thanks,
Ben