Re: PostgreSQL Europe elections coming up - your assistance is needed!

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe elections coming up - your assistance is needed!
Date: 2009-12-06 12:57:22
Lists: pgeu-general

Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> [...]
>
> And again, we're working on a tight schedule to get this all done (we
> hope to hold the elections sometime around FOSDEM in february), so
> please let us know ASAP.

I have very limited time to help on that subject and i'm not even sure
to be present at FOSDEM, so i'm happy to see that this matter is being
taken care of...

As a reminder, the PGEU association statutes gives us a lot of freedom
for the elections. Basically it says the board is composed of from 3
upto 16 directors, who are elected by the General Assembly. The GA is
composed of the active members, who meet in an ordinary session once a year.

you can check out the statutes on PGEU wiki :
http://wiki.postgresql.eu/wiki/Statutes

Of course the statutes are not set in stone, they can be rewritten or
made more precise, if needed.

From my perspective the biggest question to answer is about membership.
In order to have a proper election, we must have the list of the people
allowed to vote, i.e. the members of the PGEU association. And so far,
the association has officially 4 four members : Andrea, Garbiele,
Jean-Paul and Magnus.

It seems important to me that we open membership and put an application
form online at least a few weeks before FOSDEM. That form could look
pretty much like the pgday.eu registration form, except for the T-shirt
size and such :)

As i said i have no time to join this working group, so this my modest
contribution on that topic. Thanks a lot to the people who handle this :)

--
damien clochard