postgresql.ie

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: iepug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql.ie
Date: 2009-12-03 21:07:52
Lists: iepug

Hi all,

I'm finally getting around to having another go at registering the
domain postgresql.ie.

You'll recall that last time I tried registering it in the name of my
company, which will sponsor the annual renewal. However, the IEDR wasn't
happy, and have stalled for the moment - I quote:

<quote>
Thank you for the e-mail received. Please clarify some points before we
can determine how to proceed. From the document received, it is apparent
that Tela Design Limited does not have the claim to the proposed domain
name. The claim would appear to be with either Raymond O'Donnell or with
the Irish PostgreSQL User Group, as an unincorporated association. Can
this be confirmed? If the applicant is forming the Irish PostgreSQL User
Group, please amend the application so that this group appears as the
Domain Holder, and the class and category are set to Unincorporated
Association and Unincorporated Association Name, respectively. In this
instance we would also require the applicant to create letterhead for
the group and submit confirmation on this letterhead that they are an
unincorporated association and require the domain to reflect their
association name.
</quote>

The registration was via Digiweb.

Anyway, I reckon that the IEPUG should lay claim to the name, rather
than me personally, and so I've thrown together a basic letterhead for
general approval. The logo came from the PG wiki. You can see it here
(slightly too big to post directly to the list):

http://www.teladesign.ie/IEPUG.pdf

Alex: I've named both of us as press contacts - is that OK with you?

If everyone is happy, I'll re-submit the application under the category
they suggest above, on this letterhead, and see what happens.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie