Re: Next patch

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next patch
Date: 2009-11-28 01:16:41
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers
Jeff Davis wrote:
> I'm ready to review the next patch. I'm interested in the partitioning
> patches, so if there aren't already plenty of people looking at those, I
> can take a shot at it. I also may be able to look at Synch Rep, if it
> would be helpful.
You can certainly grab any of those you like.  I think the learning
curve is pretty steep though, as both have known issues that are being
corrected by the author already and it might take you a while to catch up.

> Also, is there any version of fault-tolerant copy up for review this
> commitfest?
No, but that's just because Emmanuel got frustrated with the community
reaction and didn't bother resubmitting.  You can see the history there
at and where
that left off at.  If you wanted to take a stab at improving the patch
to incorporate the feedback provided, and potentially do things like
merge with Andrew Dunstan's "Ragged CSV Import" feature, I think that
would be an excellent project for you to work on (particularly since it
would benefit Truviso too).  I think that some of it might cross-over
with the work being done on "COPY FROM function" too.