Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site

From: Tommy Gildseth <tommy(dot)gildseth(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site
Date: 2009-11-27 19:56:22
Lists: pgeu-general

Thom Brown skrev:
> 2009/11/27 Tommy Gildseth <tommy(dot)gildseth(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no
> Just FYI, I believe spreadshirt require logos and designs to be
> uploaded in some sort of vector graphics format, for most of their
> printing methods. Hopefully that shouldn't be a problem
>
> Spreadshirt only allow png, jpg, bmp or gif files (at least according to
> their design app), which is a shame as I'd prefer to use svg or eps.
> They limit the resolution to 3000x3000, so I just took the svg and blew
> it up to have it's longest dimension to be 3000 pixels. ;)

No, they have different printing techniques which require different
source files:
http://www.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Service/Help-1328/categoryId/325/articleId/34

Plot printing which requires that you upload your design in a vector
format, gives better quality prints than digital printing, which is used
when you upload your designs in a pixel graphics format.

--
Tommy Gildseth