Re: index speed-up and automatic tables/procedures creation

From: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: index speed-up and automatic tables/procedures creation
Date: 2009-11-27 04:47:17
Lists: pgsql-novice
Greg Stark a écrit :
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 3:15 AM, Jean-Yves F. Barbier <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Sooo, I guess the answer is: cut your table by pieces=year?
>>

> Well there's no one-size-fits-all solution. It'll depend on your
> priorities and your situation.

Ok, this one will be the items' table, as there can be many types of
links between an item and different documents, links will be done
by tables containing item(id),doc(id) - one for each type of doc.

May be, I'm not sure at the moment, when items will be out of warranty
and/or documents won't need to be legally kept online, I'll move
them to itema (for Archive) - and the same for docs.

--
Very few profundities can be expressed in less than 80 characters.