index speed-up and automatic tables/procedures creation

From: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: index speed-up and automatic tables/procedures creation
Date: 2009-11-26 22:19:06
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I've got some questions:

1)- I'd like to keep a table in one piece, but it'll be huge (several millions rows
    and growing); can a segmentation of indexes (all indexes that are used for
    searching) speed-up this table scans enough to keep it as responsive to queries as
    multiple tables?  And what can I do about the primary key index, which is monolitic?
    (I can't use inheritance as there are some integrity references into it.)

2)- could somebody points me to an URL that describes (examples) automatic tables
    & functions making?

Thanks in advance
JY
--
panic("Foooooooood fight!");
		-- In the kernel source aha1542.c, after detecting a bad segment list

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Greg StarkDate: 2009-11-27 00:04:01
Previous:From: Jean-Yves F. BarbierDate: 2009-11-26 16:12:31
Subject: Re: bytea and text