Re: Re: [GENERAL] How duplicate data produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, RD黄永卫 <yongwei_huang(at)gtmc(dot)com(dot)cn>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [GENERAL] How duplicate data produce when a UNIQUE index exite ?
Date: 2009-11-25 16:42:42
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> The least painful route for a user of an RPM build would be to grab the
> latest SRPM they can find and then modify that specfile to reference the
> newer tarball.
Rebuilding RPMs from source has its own challenges, if they're not
already using a packaged build that may not necessarily be the easiest
way; hard to say.  One thing I didn't remember to suggest last night:
you can always find out how your existing PostgreSQL was built using
pg_config ; look at the CONFIGURE = line and it will show you what
parameters were passed to the "./configure" step of the build the last
time.  If you're not sure exactly how the old one was built, this can
help you out.