Re: BUG #5204: ODBC connection NOT working

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Alan Martin <alan(dot)martin(at)mightyautoparts(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5204: ODBC connection NOT working
Date: 2009-11-21 22:34:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Alan Martin wrote:

> Bug reference:      5204
> Logged by:          Alan Martin
> Email address:      alan(dot)martin(at)mightyautoparts(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 08.04.0100
> Operating system:   Windows 7 64-bit
> Details:
>
> Good morning.
>
> I've been struggling with this install for most of a day now. Basically, the
> program INSTALLS fine, but doesn't work. It's listed under installed
> applications, but when you go to Admin/ODBC and check Drivers, there's no
> listing for PostgreSQL.

On Windows 64-bit OS, you can run 2 types of application, 32-bit
  one or 64-bit one. When 32-bit apps use ODBC, 32-bit ODBC drivers
  are needed. When 64-bit apps use ODBC, 64-bit drivers are needed.
There are Admin/ODBC for 32-bit or 64-but respectively. Probably
  you are running 64-bit Admin/ODBC which doesn't list 32-bit
drivers.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue