Re: BUG #5151: autovacuum process segfaults when max_fsm_pages are too low

From: Boris Folgmann <boris(at)folgmann(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5151: autovacuum process segfaults when max_fsm_pages are too low
Date: 2009-11-18 09:56:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Tom,

Tom Lane schrieb/wrote:
> > Red Hat stopped supporting the RHEL-4 App Stack product awhile ago;
> > since CentOS is evidently copying that, you should not hold your
> > breath waiting for an update :-(. However, as far as I can see

It seems that you are right, and I don't understand how they can stop
releasing important updates as RHEL4 is still supported.

> > Or use Devrim's RPMs from postgresql.org (I think he has a build
> > of 8.1.x for RHEL-4, though I could be wrong).

I've done that on 10 Nov 2009 and they're working perfectly. No autovac
crashes since then.
RedHat is very conservative concerning pgsql as my small table shows:

RHEL/CentOS 4.x 5.x
pgsql default 7.4 8.1
pgsql RHWAS 8.1 8.2

So I'm feeling very happy at the moment using your yum repositories and are
thinking about using an even more recent postgresql version in the future.
Is 8.4.1 ready for production or is it advisable to wait for one or two
updates?

tnx,
boris