CommitFest 2009-11: Almost done with initial assignments

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest 2009-11: Almost done with initial assignments
Date: 2009-11-13 19:52:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

Seems that a lot of people wanted to get started early on assignments,
lots of travel around Thanksgiving factoring into that I think. While
we expect some more patches to come in, we're done with assigning a
reviewer to every *old* patch, all of the unclaimed ones being things
submitted in the last week. I'd like to stay as close to
first-in/first-reviewed as possible here, so far that's working out
quite well.

Here are the patches we don't have a reviewer for yet (this list will
grow over the next two days):

Listen / Notify rewrite
SE-PostgreSQL/Lite
Largeobject access controls
Python 3.1 support

The big patches we're going to have a hard time getting reviewed again
this time are the SE-PostgreSQL/Lite and Largeobject patches. If anyone
has an interest in either of those subjects, please let me know, whether
or not you've already "claimed" another patch. I can easily find an
alternate for any other patch in the CF, but someone who's willing to
work on the big SEPostgreSQL patches is harder to line up.

Right now I show the following people as having volunteered and
available, but not having been assigned anything yet:

Abhijit Menon-Sen
Bernd Helmle
Andrew Gierth

We have a couple of people who aren't really available for substantial
patches now, but might be during December:

Jaime Casanova
David Wheeler

I suspect that a couple of the patches in the queue (the two
partitioning ones and LISTEN/NOTIFY) are going to take more than one
round of review before they're ready for a committer, just because
there's open design issues with them rather than just coding. Might ask
Jamie or David to handle a second pass over those if it comes to that.

Given that several people volunteered to review two patches, and the
unprecedented number of reviewers, I don't expect anyone will be asked
to review a second patch this time unless they volunteer to do so.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com