PG Day Europe

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: iepug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG Day Europe
Date: 2009-11-12 00:00:05
Lists: iepug
Hi all,

Finally had a chance to catch my breath after getting back from Paris -
was straight into work on Sunday morning and haven't stopped since!

I really enjoyed the conference - some really good talks, and many very
interesting insights into the sorts of things others do for a living,
particularly in areas I normally never get to see and would know little
or nothing about.

There was a very enjoyable session on Friday night, after the talks had
finished, with drinks and finger-food sponsored by EnterpriseDB.

It was great to visit Paris too; I haven't been there very much, so I
left a little early on Saturday to walk the streets. I had a slightly
surreal moment at the cathedral of Notre Dame.... I spent some time
looking at the wonderful carved doorways on the west facade, then went
to use the public loo, where the large, black attendant was shouting at
people to have an "express pee-pee"....

Winged rumour has it that next year's pgday.eu is to be held in
Amsterdam - anyone on for a junket? :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie

iepug by date

Next:From: Alex MarkelovDate: 2009-11-12 00:57:01