Re: speakers mailing list

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2009-11-09 20:17:59
Lists: pgsql-www

Selena, Dave,

> * Post to -announce
> * Get on the events list (if it is a Postgres specific event)
> * Get their CFPs into PWN
> * Post to -general or -hackers depending on the type of speakers
> they're looking for
> * Get a blogger that's on Planet to post the CFP

This works for CFPs. What it doesn't work for is "I'm running a Django
1-day event in St. Louis, we were wondering if you could help us find a
PostgreSQL speaker". It's not clear where those folks should go except
-advocacy, and of course they don't want to *subscribe* to adovocacy.
So they e-mail me or Bruce or someone personally, and often the requests
get lost.

That's the problem I'm trying to solve.

Also, our current policy is not to allow postings to =announce unless
the event has "significant PostgreSQL content". This would rule out,
for example, PHPcon posting a CFP.

> I'm happy to make a wiki page.. a little later on today.

I'd like a better way than a wiki page to get the word out. Our wiki
has about zero google rank, so nobody looks at it unless they're already
"in the know".

Ideas?

--Josh Berkus