Re: commit and rollback don't throw exceptions when they should

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "taktos" <taktos(at)gmail(dot)com>,"Oliver Jowett" <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Subject: Re: commit and rollback don't throw exceptions when they should
Date: 2009-11-04 22:40:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

taktos <taktos(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Drivers other than PosrgreSQL throws exception as I had expected,
> but PostgreSQL didn't throw exception.

Having received no feedback on the preliminary patch I previously
posted, I'll suggest this (fairly minimal) patch. I didn't attempt to
deal with the distributed transaction issue, since it seemed pretty
messy and I wasn't sure the fix was worth the mess it would make. As
far as I can see, it should fix the OP's problem, although it would be
nice to get a confirmation of that.

This patch is basically the same as the previous one, except that I've
updated the javadocs to match the new behavior.

If there are any issues with this, I can have another go at it.

-Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
commit-rollback-exceptions-1.patch text/plain 3.7 KB