Connect to database with php pg_connect, cannot find table even though it shows up on psql connection

From: Mary Anderson <maryfran(at)demog(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connect to database with php pg_connect, cannot find table even though it shows up on psql connection
Date: 2009-10-01 15:40:47
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi gang,

    I have a database named fubar.  That database has a table named
do_s.  I run a php command
    pg_connect(" host=myHost user=myUsername password=myPassword
dbname=fubar")
    which executes successfully.  When I run a postgresql command
against do_s I am told the relation does not exist.
    When I connect using psql I can find the table with no problem.  The
table is in the public schema.  It was not created with capital letters
in its name.  Looking for public.do_s does not help.

    I would like to know a postgresql command which tells me the name of
the database I am connected to.

     I suspect the system is doing something funny and have contacted
our sysadmin people, who are doing all kinds of things to our network as
a result of our being hacked a couple of weeks ago.  But it would help
to know the name of the database I actually connected to!

Thanks

Mary Anderson

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: dvanattaDate: 2009-10-01 16:15:24