Re: Error installing ODBC driver: answer

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error installing ODBC driver: answer
Date: 2009-09-28 18:33:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

My bad

Turns out the machine I was trying to reinstall on is an important machine used by several people, and the sys admin had locked out the ability to make any changes to the local machine. Once he logged in as admin for me, the postgres driver install ran successfully to completion.

Fred

>>> "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov> 09/28/2009 10:09 AM >>>
I apologize if this is posted twice; I tried to post on Friday but it looks like it didn't go through.

I have an MS Access program that has drawn data from a postgresql database for years.
Now the program crashes before the postgresql login screen appears.
I decided to reinstall the driver, so removed it through control panel first.

When I attempt to reinstall the postgresql driver, i get:
"Error 1918: error installing odbc driver. component not found in the registry. Verify that the file PostgreSQL exists and that you can access it."

I am using ver. 7.03.02.00 postgresql driver.
Yes I know it is old, but up to now has worked flawlessly.

Any ideas why the driver install fails? I searched the archives but found nothing relevant.
Search on 1918 yields nothing related to this, as does (not) other terms in the message.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fred