Logging Question (SSL)

From: "Patrick Linstruth (QNET)" <patrick(at)qnet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Logging Question (SSL)
Date: 2009-09-21 15:02:30
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi, I'm new to Postgresql and have a couple of questions.

I want to be sure that the pg_connect() from PHP to my server is,
in fact, using SSL.

I was hoping that the server would log this fact, but it doesn't appear
to do so.

Does anyone know how to tell the server to log whether or not a
database connection from a remote host is using SSL or not.

I have "hostssl" in pg_hba.conf, but since I'm new to Postgresql,
I don't have a lot of faith in my setup. I would be a lot happier
if I saw a reference to "SSL" in a log file somewhere.

Thank you,

Patrick

pgsql-novice by date