Re: Wrong column default values

From: Lewis Kapell <lkapell(at)setonhome(dot)org>
To: Andre Rothe <phosco(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wrong column default values
Date: 2009-09-21 13:33:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
It's not really clear what problem you are trying to solve.  You say
both column defaults should be NULL.  Well, evidently they are.

NULL::timestamp without time zone
NULL::character varying

Those are NULL values.  Are you confused by the information displayed
after the double colon?  That's just Postgres' way of showing you what
the data type of the column is.

Thank you,

Lewis Kapell
Computer Operations
Seton Home Study School

electronic newsletter, send an e-mail to newsletter-sub(at)setonhome(dot)org