problems compiling postgres 8.3.7 on Solaris 10 64 bit with openssl

From: u235sentinel <u235sentinel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems compiling postgres 8.3.7 on Solaris 10 64 bit with openssl
Date: 2009-09-17 18:06:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Not sure if this is the right list but here goes.

I have gnu gcc and make on a Solaris 10 AMD64 system and having a bit of
a problem compling postgres 8.3.7 with openssl. I've even tried with a
newly compiled version of openssl. Verison 98 h-k.

I did read the solaris faq and it hasn't helped. I"m curious if I"m
missing a bit of instruction somewhere in the docs that will tip me off
on how to build postgres.

I've been able to build it just fine btw without openssl. But when I
tie ssl in it seems to compile but running pg_ctl gives me a relocate
error on libpq.so.

I'll copy / paste the error if I'm in the right place :-)

Thanks!