Persistent Plan Cache

From: Joshua Rubin <jrubin(at)esoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Persistent Plan Cache
Date: 2009-09-11 20:16:49
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi,

We have a very large, partitioned, table that we often need to query
from new connections, but frequently with similar queries. We have
constraint exclusion on to take advantage of the partitioning. This also
makes query planning more expensive. As a result, the CPU is fully
loaded, all the time, preparing queries, many of which have been
prepared, identically, by other connections.

Is there any way to have a persistent plan cache that remains between
connections? If such a mechanism existed, it would give us a great
speedup because the CPU's load for planning would be lightened
substantially.

Thank you,
Joshua Rubin

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Greg SmithDate: 2009-09-11 20:28:06