Re: Linux LSB init script

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Linux LSB init script
Date: 2009-08-31 17:07:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> If it's a new file, it's pointless to send a patch anyway.

If people are OK with just sending the new file, that's cool with me.
>From the other posts, it appears that I need to have my own copy of
the repository to do it as a patch, or download a tool.  (Thanks to
those who offered the suggestions.)

> You could also consider putting it in place of the linux file.

Is the LSB standard sufficiently widely adopted to omit the older
format?  I was concerned that there might be Linux versions we wanted
to support which wouldn't have a /lib/lsb/init-functions file to
source.  If that's not an issue, I could submit this as a patch to the
existing file.  (It'd be a - for almost every non-blank line in the
old, and a + for almost every non-blank line in the new, of course.)

-Kevin