Re: Add YAML option to explain

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add YAML option to explain
Date: 2009-08-28 21:23:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 8/28/09 1:13 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> I thought the consensus was that we didn't want to get into supporting
>> more formats. What does YAML provide that JSON does not?
>
> Readability and easy editing. All the power of JSON without the
> annoying quotes, braces, and brackets.

How many lines of code does YAML support add to the codebase?

While I personally like YAML, it's not like it has broad industry
support. And people wouldn't interface with the XML or JSON directly;
they'd use a library for that. That's the whole point of having those
outputs.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.