Re: Problem with the read only clause for read only cursors

From: Tom Goodman <TomGoodman(at)MHProEZ(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with the read only clause for read only cursors
Date: 2009-08-24 14:17:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc
The testing drivers 8.4.0101 psqlodbc30a worked fine. Wonderful.

Is this a rollback to the previous behavior, or does this version use
different code for the client side cursor? Or, I suppose this is a
better question: Is this a permanent fix that will be included in the
next official release, or is it a temporary fix just for me?

Thanks,
Tom

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Tom Goodman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just loaded the 08.04 psqlodbc drivers on a new machine, but ran
>> into a problem where this version is improperly marking ALL fields in
>> recordsets as read-only. I presume that this is related to the recent
>> change that restored the "read only clause for read only cursors".
>>
>> The final line in the procedure below fails with an ADO error
>> message: (80040e21) "Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check
>> each status value."
>>
>> When comparing psqlodbc 08.04 and 08.03 I see that in 08.03 all of
>> the fields of the recordset have the adFldUpdatable flag set in each
>> field's .Attributes. In 08.04 none of the fields have this flag set.
>>
>> Since this code runs without error when connecting to non-postgresql
>> databases, I believe that psqlodbc is not properly setting the
>> adFldUpdatable for the values of CursorLocation, CursorType, and
>> LockType.
>>
>> Is this a bug? Can it be addressed?
>
> Could please try the drivers on testing for 8.4.0101 at
>  http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html
> ?
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

Tom Goodman, email TomGoodman(at)MHProEZ(dot)com <mailto:TomGoodman(at)MHProEZ(dot)com>
1406 Tenth St., Bay City, MI 48708, USA, Phone 989 893 1450
* God grant me the serenity to accept the code I cannot change
* the courage to change the code I can change
* and the wisdom to know the difference