reconnecting to DB after connection break

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(dot)tuskenis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reconnecting to DB after connection break
Date: 2009-08-21 10:16:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hello,

I'm thinking of changing pgAdmin so it would try to reconnect after its
connection to server breaks. Is that ok with you? Maybe theres someone
already dealing with the problem.

I think I could change pgConn::ExecuteVoid, pgConn::ExecuteScalar and
pgConn::ExecuteSet methods so on connection to DB error there would be
an attempt to reconnect. If someone knows a better solution - please,
share it. :)

I'm new here so maybe someone would advice what "pitfalls" to avoid.

--
Julius Tuskenis

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Ângelo Marcos RigoDate: 2009-08-21 11:05:03
Previous:From: PESTY BenoitDate: 2009-08-21 09:33:59
Subject: Background color in query tool