Linux start script updates

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linux start script updates
Date: 2009-08-20 15:31:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Due to a thread about the neglect of the sample start scripts I took a
look at the current Linux file. There's certainly room for several
improvements, but some of them might require discussion. Attached are
a couple small changes which seem to me to be pretty tame. Hopefully
a small, non-controversial step in the right direction.

(1) It adds an LSB INIT INFO comment block, consistent with the
chkconfig comment block above it.

http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/initscrcomconv.html

(2) It doesn't exit with zero for a missing executable unless the
request is "stop". It uses 5, which means "program is not installed".

http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/iniscrptact.html

-Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
start-linux-1.diff application/octet-stream 1.4 KB