First Community Survey Up

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: First Community Survey Up
Date: 2009-08-18 22:45:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

Our first attempt at a community survey now has results up:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Surveys#8.4.0_Release_Community_Survey

The results of this are fairly interesting. One must keep in mind that
the survey is mostly early adopters of 8.4, and One-Click installer
users at that. That being said, there were a few surprises for me.
Blog later.

As Simon pointed out, this shouldn't be the end. We really need to have
a more comprehensive survey with questions which cover a broader segment
of our community, and will be reusable for several releases to see what
progress we're making. Volunteers?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.