Re: Is there a mysthical problem with psqlODBC + MSAccess + sequences IN SCHEMAS ?

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Philippe Lang <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there a mysthical problem with psqlODBC + MSAccess + sequences IN SCHEMAS ?
Date: 2009-08-13 15:54:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Philippe Lang schrieb:
> pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got an Access-App using PG 8.4 in a LAN.
>> The systems dude said he updated to odbc 8.400 on all clients.
>> Though the same issue appeared with PG 8.3.7 and odbc 8.2.5 before.
>>
>> Among others, there are 2 tables sitting in a schema.
>> Their primary keys are sequences.
>> I link those tables into access and the keys are shown as autovalue
>> as expected.
>>
>> When Access tries to add a record, it complains that the relation
>> "versandinfos_versandinfo_id_seq" wouldn't exist and throws an error
>> #7.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Have you checked if your ODBC user has enough rights on your sequence
> "versandinfos_versandinfo_id_seq"? You can use pgAdmin to check that

By desperation I made GRANT ... TO public.
This can't be the solution since I don't touch the sequence in my
workaround.
I just set the default of the key twice. This affects only the one
collumn in the table but not the seq.

I found this accidently when I wanted to reduce the error sources some
time ago bye cutting the sequence off.
As it worked with manually finding the next key, I reattached the
sequence as before and expected to get the error again but it was gone.
There must be a interference between odbc/access and sequences within
schemas.

As I mentioned. The problem goes away when I move the table (inluding
the seq.) to the public schema and reappeares when I push it in the
schema again.
Obviously some element in the dataaccess chain "forgets" to store or use
the schema to address the seq.